Founders Federal Credit Union helps our members attain their financial goals. Our innovative services, convenient locations, and friendly employees are dedicated to our members and their financial future. Founders Federal Credit Union is strongly committed to providing the highest level of quality service to our members. We realize our outstanding, dedicated employees make it all happen.
We are seeking a talented and motivated individual to join our strong organization and growing team as a Director of Finance located at our Corporate Headquarters in Lancaster, SC. The Director of Finance assists in managing the financial structure of the Credit Union. This includes asset/liability management, financial forecasting, and investment management. This employee will assist in strategic financial planning for the purpose of aligning financial performance with Founders’ strategy and desired business model.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Director of Finance will advise Accounting leadership on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, investment priorities and policy matters.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the development of the strategic goals and objectives particularly with respect to financial projections.
- Provide the agenda and content for quarterly Asset & Liability Management Committee (ALCO) discussions.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of current and upcoming NCUA Regulations pertaining to Organizational Operations, Finance, and ALM.
- Responsible for overseeing ad-hoc financial analysis for new business initiatives, products, and expansion.
- Accommodate internal auditors, external auditors, and NCUA examiners in providing requested information timely and accurately while responding appropriately to exceptions and other recommendations.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for NCUA Examiners during annual examinations for both interest rate risk and liquidity risk.
- Direct efforts to maintain current policies and procedures overseeing liquidity, including evaluating and monitoring both on-balance sheet and off-balance sheet liquidity sources.
- Direct efforts to maintain current policies and procedures overseeing interest rate risk, including evaluating current risk levels and proposed risk levels under Scenario Testing.
- Direct all ALM modeling efforts and evaluate results relative to policy limits and parameters. Maintain an ongoing acute awareness of key model drivers, inputs, and assumptions while making appropriate, documented changes as warranted.
- Direct efforts to maintain current policies and procedures overseeing the investment portfolio considering both NCUA Regulations and strategic initiatives.
- Oversee the investment portfolio and monitor investment cash flows and direct investment activities consistent with safety, liquidity, and profitability needs of the organization.
- Oversee the maintenance of product profitability analysis, including but not limited to specific products, delivery channels, and members/households.
- Participate in meetings with business units to identify and provide data needed for strategic decision making.
- Analyze Credit Union data to identify trends and provide insights to Senior Management.
- Comply with Founders’ policies and procedures, as well applicable laws, regulations, and statutes issued by federal agencies such as NCUA and FFIEC, including, but not limited to, GLB and BSA. Employees have legal and regulatory obligations to respect and protect the privacy of information and its integrity and confidentiality.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience.
- CPA/CFA license preferred.
- Credit union or financial services industry experience required.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel skills.
As the Director of Finance, you will receive a competitive income and comprehensive benefits package.
Benefits provided include the following:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Family-oriented culture that values work/life balance
- Retirement Plan (with employer contributions)
- Health and Dental Insurance - with eligibility on date of hire
- Short-Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (at no cost to employee)
- Long Term Care Insurance Plan with guarantee issue within 31 days of hire
- Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance coverage for employee and family
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- Career development training
- Fit Founders Wellness Program
A pre-employment criminal background check, drug screen, consumer credit investigation, and previous employer reference check will be required.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Job Function : Finance
Contact Info : HR@foundersfcu.com
Expiration Date : 12/31/2024