Founders Federal Credit Union helps our members attain their financial goals. Our innovative services, convenient locations, and friendly employees are dedicated to our members and their financial future. Founders Federal Credit Union is strongly committed to providing the highest level of quality service to our members. We realize our outstanding, dedicated employees make it all happen.
Do you have experience designing and implementing security controls, penetration testing and cybersecurity risk assessments? If so, this position may be the right fit for you! Founders is searching for a passionate cybersecurity professional to join our IT team as a Cybersecurity Engineer or Analyst (depending on level of experience). This position is located on site at our Corporate Headquarters in Lancaster, SC. Remote work is not available, however the individual may be able to work at our Rock Hill Center upon completion of training.
The Cybersecurity Engineer is responsible for ensuring effective integration of Information Technology systems and services with the Information Security Program and Information Security Policy. This individual will be responsible for the daily activities associated to information security throughout the credit union including, but not limited to, investigation and reporting regarding Incident Response, vulnerability scanning and remediation efforts and patch management. Development of security information and event management including watch list, alerting and problem resolution. The individual will assist the Information Technology department develop a state-of-the-art cybersecurity incident response program. This includes advance persistent threat, persistent threat, policies, and program resilience pertaining to cybersecurity.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain user security by developing access controls, monitoring and evaluation of security standards.
- Design and maintain the cybersecurity vault to ensure the integrity of critical backup data.
- Design and implement cybersecurity awareness programs for Founders and FIT customers.
- Design and implement security controls designed to detect and protect against cyber-attacks and other persistent threats for Founder and FIT customers.
- Maintain security patches on all server devices and workstations.
- Responsible for McAfee products such as ePo, HIPS, Firewall, Disk Encryption, Virus Scan and mobile device security.
- Develop and maintain website whitelists, and application whitelists.
- Conduct external penetration test that mimic the real-world techniques of cybercriminals
- Conduct internal network penetration test to look for confirmation weaknesses, unsecure network files shares, and data leakage.
- Monitor the Credit Union computing environment (servers, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, anti-virus and malware) logs, and network traffic for activities including but not limited to policy violations, abnormal behaviors, intrusions, best practice recommendations, etc.
- Schedule regular cybersecurity reports (i.e., event logs, firewalls, cyber incidents)
- Implement and audit domain administration restrictions, and Group Policy application on user and computer objects.
- Review and monitor administrator account management (normal and privileged)
- Research and deploy DLP standards pertaining to products.
- Responsible for Annual Business Continuity testing including RPO/RTO metrics for all assets managed at corporate and co-location.
- Assist with reviewing and remediating items found during vulnerability scanning both internal and external.
- Participate in information security audits and oversee penetration testing of all networks and systems to identify system and application vulnerabilities.
- Identify new vulnerabilities and threats
- Create and maintain a cybersecurity risk assessment.
- Execute information security project and initiatives.
- Review and maintain an accurate and complete inventory of assets in the configuration management database.
- Draft and review information security policies, standards and procedures.
- Comply with Founders’ policies and procedures, as well applicable laws, regulations, and statutes issued by federal agencies such as NCUA and FFIEC, including, but not limited to, GLB and BSA. Employees have legal and regulatory obligations to respect and protect the privacy of information and its integrity and confidentiality.
- All other duties as assigned.
The Cybersecurity Engineer should possess the technical skills necessary to support Founders current and evolving security objectives. The ability to analyze, research, work independently as well as in a group setting and explain technical details is required. A Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 5 years previous work experience with networking and/or security is required. ISACA Cybersecurity Fundamentals and Practitioner certification attained within 2 years of hire date required. Due to the nature of project deadlines and end of period processing schedules, evening and weekend work may be required.
Benefits provided include the following:
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Family-oriented culture that values work/life balance
- Retirement Plan (401k with employer contributions + Pension Plan fully funded by FFCU)
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance (at no cost to employee)
- Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance coverage for employee, spouse, and children
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible spending accounts
- Long Term Care Plan
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement to assist with furthering education
- Certifications - Assistance with achieving and maintaining
- Fit Founders Wellness Program
A pre-employment credit check, background screening, drug screening, and reference check will be required.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Job Function : General
Contact Info : HR@foundersfcu.com
Expiration Date : 12/31/2024