Founders Federal Credit Union helps our members attain their financial goals. Our innovative services, convenient locations, and friendly employees are dedicated to our members and their financial future. Founders Federal Credit Union is strongly committed to providing the highest level of quality service to our members. We realize our outstanding, dedicated employees make it all happen.
We are seeking a talented and motivated individual to join our strong organization and growing team as an AVP - Deposit Services located at our Corporate Headquarters in Lancaster, SC. The AVP - Deposit Services is responsible for the administration and efficient daily operation of Deposit Services. This includes providing support and excellent service to other departments and to all the branches relating to deposit accounts, including IRAs. This person would assume the duties and full responsibility for the department operations when the SVP – Deposit Services is absent.
Responsibilities and Duties
The AVP - Deposit Services will provide leadership to Deposit Services department while maintaining a good understanding of all deposit related products and services that we are offering, including but not limited to Loyalty Select products, IRAs, certificate of deposits, Founders Privilege.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership, support, guidance, training, and supervision to all department employees.
- Responsible for management and development of deposit services employees, in addition assist with hiring and training of new department staff.
- Be familiar with all products and services offered by the credit union.
- Continuously review operations, policies and procedures and build efficiencies and streamline all processes related to Deposit Services
- Assist with any third-party vendor relationships. Ensure the information is accurate and the services provided meet our needs as a Credit Union.
- Facilitate regular employee meetings to discuss goals, disseminate company information and discuss operational issues.
- Keep abreast of the rules and guidelines established for operations related to deposit accounts and ensure compliance.
- Ensure ongoing adherence with all credit union policies and procedures to identify and mitigate operational risk.
- Manage difficult situations with members and employees and provide them with resolutions, information, or additional options. Ensure quick and proper response to all reasonable requests.
- Must have a working knowledge of Founders core processing system.
- Develop and implement Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to ensure efficiency in our operations. Identify trends and effectively communicate results to management.
- Provide project assistance for major product conversions, new product startups, and regulatory changes to products within the Deposit Services area.
- Assist with audit preparations and have discussions with auditors.
- Coordinate any changes to documents with branches and various departments if needed (i.e., Compliance, IT, Marketing, Mortgage, Consumer Lending, Vendor, etc.).
- Must follow strict adherence to all state and federal statutes and regulations relating to Credit Unions, National Credit Union Association Rules and Regulations, FFCU Policy and Procedures, and all other Regulations related to deposit accounts. Ensure compliance with applicable statutes and regulations including, but not limited to, BSA.
- Assist SVP – Deposit Services with driving deposit growth in order to meet the strategic goals of the Credit Union.
- Comply with Founders’ policies and procedures, as well applicable laws, regulations, and statutes issued by federal agencies such as NCUA and FFIEC, including, but not limited to, GLB and BSA. Employees have legal and regulatory obligations to respect and protect the privacy of information and its integrity and confidentiality.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
The AVP – Deposit Services must possess five years of management/financial services experience in a financial institution or a bachelor’s degree along with two years of management experience in a financial institution. The AVP – Deposit Services must be a proven leader, and self-starter with strong attention to detail and follow-up. They must have excellent organizational and communication skills and are expected to play an active role in their community (i.e., Chamber of Commerce, civic clubs, volunteerism, etc.)
As the AVP - Deposit Services, you will receive a competitive income and comprehensive benefits package.
Benefits provided include the following:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Family-oriented culture that values work/life balance
- Retirement Plan (with employer contributions)
- Health and Dental Insurance - with eligibility on date of hire
- Short-Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (at no cost to employee)
- Long Term Care Insurance Plan with guarantee issue within 31 days of hire
- Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance coverage for employee and family
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- Career development training
- Fit Founders Wellness Program
A pre-employment criminal background check, drug screen, consumer credit investigation, and previous employer reference check will be required.
Job Type : Full-Time
Job Function : General
Contact Info : HR@foundersfcu.com
Expiration Date : 12/31/2024